General Terms & Conditions
Your enrolment in any Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd (STEAA) Event indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, Risk Warning, Medical Procedure and Consent below:
Terms & Conditions
- All programs including Guest Faculty listing if any are correct at time of publishing but subject to change without notice. We are unable to accept responsibility for any changes prior to an Event.
- All Student MUST be current members and learning from a Suzuki Accredited Teacher of their local Suzuki Association.
- A parent or carer must be in attendance at the Event at all times. No responsibility will be taken by STEAA for children or students left unattended.
- STEAA is a training organisation responsible for the continued professional development of our teachers. This means that we often film, photograph or record STEAA activities both for our own records and for the training of our teachers. We also feature photographs of our events for all to share on our Facebook and our quarterly magazine, Tempo. By joining the STEAA you are deemed to have given permission for photographic, audio or video footage of your child(ren) to be taken at our events for use in the manner described above. Dr Suzuki’s message to us ensured that our children are “Nurtured by Love”. All our events are held within that framework and any recording is done to share and support this message.
Risk Warning Under Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002 on behalf of STEAA.
STEAA organises many events such as workshops, summer schools, performances during the course of a year. STEAA administers and convenes these activities in which many of our student members and teacher members of this Association participate.
While STEAA take measures to make these activities as safe as possible for all participants, there is a risk that students, teachers and family members can be injured and suffer loss (including financial loss) and damage as a result of their participation in these activities.
Injury can occur while the student, teacher or other member is engaging in or watching an activity, travelling to and from venues. The injury may result from the member’s actions, the action of others, the state of premises or equipment failure. In very rare cases the injury can be life-threatening or result in permanent disability.
The administration staff and teachers at any events organised by the STEAA or at the Suzuki Music Institute cannot administer or assist with the administration of any medication (oral or topical).
We can administer or assist with the administration of medication ONLY on Graduation Concert Day if the medication provided;
- is in its original packaging stating the expiry date of the medication with the label clearly displaying the student’s name / the required dosage AND
- has clear type-written instructions including 2 emergency contact numbers from the Parents/Guardian.
No Nut policy
In order to protect students/participants with allergies to peanuts and similar nut products, STEAA has a policy that no food containing nuts should be brought to our office and events.
- If STEAA, officials, administration staff or teachers determines that my child(ren) needs medical attention and for any reason I cannot be contacted, I authorise them to seek medical attention that may be required, including ambulance transport at my cost.
- I hereby release STEAA, officials, administration staff and teachers from all claims, liabilities, and losses in respect of any damage, loss or injury suffered by me/my child(ren).
- I hereby indemnify STEAA from all claims, costs or damages arising out of any loss, damage, or injury to any person or property caused or contributed by me/my child(ren).