Solo Recitals for Violin, Cello, Flute, Recorder, Guitar & Viola – open to all levels
|Date||Sunday 28th August, 2022|
|Time||Concert start time: 10am & 12pm|
|Venue||Suzuki Music Institute|
|Address||Unit 1, 1 Central Avenue, Thornleigh, NSW 2120|
|Booking||Book Now Online Closing: 21/Aug/22|
This Concert series is open to all Violin, Cello, Viola, Guitar, Flute & Recorder students as soloists who would like the opportunity to play with an accompanist in a friendly and supportive environment.
This is an ideal opportunity for students to gain valuable experience at performing to an appreciative audience. It is a great motivation for the performer to focus on bringing their repertoire up to a high standard. There is nothing like performing at a concert and being appreciated. It also highlights the gift of music by sharing with others.
Please ensure that your children/students are well prepared for these concerts so that they can have a really wonderful and positive experience. We will also be offering a quick rehearsal for tempo check with our accompanist.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Concert Start Times: 10am and 12pm
- Concert Duration: approximately 60mins each concert.
- Quick rehearsal/sound-check for all students is on the day. Books 1 - 5 students, please come 1 hour before your Concert Start Time and Books 6 & Up students, please come 30mins before your Concert Start Time.
- All students are welcome to arrange a private rehearsal session with our piano accompanist but this is COMPULSORY for students Books 6 & Up. Additional fees will apply and subject to our piano accompanist availability also. Further instructions will be on your confirmation email after you have made your booking.
- Please chose a piece to performance not more than 8 minutes long.
- You must know the concert piece's name and the duration of the piece before you book. We cannot accept applications with any incomplete information like "to be confirmed" or "don't know the duration details".
- No change of the concert piece is allowed, so please choose carefully.
- If the piece is outside our Suzuki Repertoire, please send a copy of the piano accompaniment sheet to Suzuki Office latest by Sunday, 14 August. This is not required if you are using your own accompanist.
- Books 1-5 = $30 per piece per student + booking fee
- Books 6 & Up = $37 per piece per student + booking fee + private rehearsal fee (please note: these levels will require a private rehearsal to be booked and paid directly to our piano accompanist prior to concert day. Please arrange this rehearsal as per instructions in confirmation email you will receive after booking). The private rehearsal is not required if you are using your own accompanist.
- Students must be 2022/23 Active members of STEAA
- No refund can be considered after booking (unless Suzuki Office have to cancel the event due to Covid restrictions)
- Spaces are limited
- We prefer only One parent attends per child. Unregistered siblings must remain seated with the parent during the concert
- Suzuki Office reserves the right to make any alterations should the need arise