Summer Festival – Suzuki Early Childhood Music
|Date||Saturday 17th January, 2015 to Sunday 18th January, 2015|
|Time||9:00am - 9:45am or 10:30am - 11:15am (pick one)|
|Note||Space is limited. Book Now !!!|
|Venue||Abbotsleigh Junior School|
|Address||22 Woonona Avenue (South), Wahroonga|
|Booking||Email Bookings Only|
Kick start the New Year with Music
Early Childhood Classes for 0 - 3 years old.
Costs: $40 per child.
Sessions Time (please pick one):
Session 1: 9:00am - 9:45am or
Session 2: 10:30am - 11:15am
We have an added bonus – a free class on Friday January 16th at 10am at the Suzuki Institute 1/1 Central Avenue, Thornleigh. Once you have enrolled please email us to let us know if you will also be coming to the Friday Session.
Please Note: Booking close Sunday 11th January 2015 or once maximum class numbers are reached.
What is Suzuki Early Childhood Music?
Suzuki Early Childhood Music (SECM) is a program for little ones aged from 0-5years, to experience music expression in a fun an supportive environment. The classes are taught by accredited SECM Teachers under the banner of the Suzuki Philosophy. Dr Suzuki recognised that every child successfully learns to speak their own language in their own environment by listening, observing and practicing at an early age. He realised this was a key to learning and started a method that taught music in the same way that little ones learn to speak their mother tongue.
The role of the Suzuki Teacher is to assist in unfolding little ones fine character. This is fostered by developing skills including confidence, concentration, attention, self esteem, social skills, self discipline, self respect, sensitivity to music, themselves and others, perseverance as well as a positive attitude towards learning and accepting challenges.
The program utilizes pitch, rhythm, beat, dynamics, number skills, language, literacy, taking turns, sharing, size and direction, sequencing, vocabulary, fine and gross motor skills.
All these skills capabilities lead to ability development in many areas including the learning of a future musical instrument.
For more information about our weekly SECM classes, click here.
Fundraiser Morning Tea by Suzuki Academy parents will be available on both days.
STEAA (NSW) Ltd is also doing a fundraising and will be selling Sausage Sizzles for lunch, after the Concert on Sunday 18th January.
A parent or carer must be in attendance at the Summer Festival at all times.
No responsibility will be taken by the Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd for children or students left unattended.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations received by Wednesday, 17 December 2014 will be refunded less a 40% Cancellation Fee. No refunds will be made after this date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- All programs are subject to change without notice
- Faculty listings correct at time of publishing. We are unable to accept responsibility for any changes made to the Faculty prior to Summer Festival.
- All applicants must be current members of their local Suzuki Association.
- STEAA (NSW) Ltd is a training organisation responsible for the continued Professional Development of our teachers. This means that we often film, photograph or record STEAA (NSW) Ltd activities both for our own records and for training of our teachers. We also feature photographs of our events for all to share in our quarterly magazine, Tempo. By enrolling in the Summer Festival it is deemed that permission has been given for photographic, audio or video footage of your child/ren to be taken at our events for use in the manner described above. Dr Suzuki's message to us was to ensure that our children are 'nurtured by love'. All our events are held within that framework and any recording is done to share and support this message.
- All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations received by Wednesday, 17 December 2014 will be refunded less a 40% Cancellation Fee. No refunds will be possible after this date.
- A parent or carer must be in attendance at Summer Festival at all times. No responsibility will be taken by the STEAA (NSW) Ltd for children or students left unattended.
- Your enrollment in Summer Festival indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Risk Warning Under Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002 on behalf of Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd.
The Suzuki Association organises many events such as workshops, summer schools, performances during the course of a year. The Suzuki Talent Association Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd administers and convenes these activities in which many of our student members and teacher members of this Association participate.
While Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd. take measures to make these activities as safe as possible for all participants, there is a risk that students, teachers and family members can be injured and suffer loss (including financial loss) and damage as a result of their participation in these activities.
Injury can occur while the student, teacher or other member is engaging in or watching an activity, travelling to and from venues. The injury may result from the member’s actions, the action of others, the state of premises or equipment failure.
In very rare cases the injury can be life threatening or result in permanent disability.