What is the role of the parent?
In the Suzuki approach learning takes place in an environment of co-operation between teacher, parent and child. The parent’s role is crucial to this process.
The parent’s role involves:
- Attending each lesson with the student, taking notes, and practising with the student at home.
- Playing the recordings daily at home.
- Understanding the instrument and how to take care of it.
- Helping to create an environment of affection, support, encouragement and understanding.
- Attending with the child, workshops, concerts, group lessons, graduations and summer schools.