Suzuki Festival 2023 – Student Programs
|Date||Saturday 15th April, 2023 to Monday 17th April, 2023|
|Time||may start from 8:00am - 4:00pm daily (refer to your individual program timetable, available closer to date)|
|Venue||Abbotsleigh High School|
|Address||22 Woonona Avenue, Wahroonga, NSW 2076|
|Booking||Email Bookings Only|
Violin, Cello, Piano, Viola & SECE Program - 3 day program
Flute, Recorder & Guitar - 2 day program
Fees + Terms & Conditions available HERE
Fun classes, Play-ins, and concerts. A great occasion for learning, sharing, and making music in an encouraging Suzuki environment that will help sustain and motivate us to keep moving towards our goals. See the – Benefits of attending a Suzuki Festival
Our Exciting Program includes:
Special Guest Tutors:
- Violin Trudi Miles (NZ)
- Cello Sally-Anne Brown (NZ)
- Piano Laura McDonald (NSW)
Our invited guests will join local teachers to provide a rich and exciting program for all students.
Enrolment numbers are limited and will be processed in order of receipt. All applicants must be members of their local Suzuki Association.
- Violin, Cello, Viola and Piano Programs - 3 days (15-17 April 2023)
- Recorder Program - 2 days (16-17 April 2023)
- Flute and Guitar Programs - 2 days (15-16 April 2023)
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Program - 3 days (15-17 April 2023)
Note: Piano Student, please work on this Repertoire list for SSF Piano Play-In Together Information with your teacher.
Book 1 students – Violin, Cello, Piano and Viola
A shorter daily program for junior students, which will consist of a Tutorial, enrichment class and play-in for string students.
Violin Book 2-8; Cello Book 2-8; Piano Book 2-5; Viola Book 2+
All students participating in the standard program will work in small group tutorials focusing on developing key points such as tone production, musical expression, technique, and posture.
Students will experience a range of level appropriate classes including ensembles, play-ins, tone & technique classes, repertoire classes and musical enrichment.
Violin Book 9 and above; Cello Book 9 and above; Piano Book 6 and above.
Senior students will work intensively on a selected work throughout the SSF as part of a varied program of advanced classes. Music will be distributed by 28 March 2023.
Program for Recorder, Flute and Guitar
Program suitable for books 1-5 (senior students can still join these programs and revise pieces).
All Students will work in classes focusing on developing key points such as tone production, musical expression, technique, and posture.
Students will experience a range of level appropriate classes including play-ins, tone and technique, and musical enrichment.
Suzuki Early Childhood Education Program (SECE)
The SECE program (3 days, 15-17 April 2023) caters for children who have not started learning an instrument (ages 0-5yrs).
The SECE classes are fun, interactive group musical activity classes based on the Suzuki Philosophy. A range of musical and social concepts involving listening, singing, beat, rhythm, pitch, movement, creativity, and the playing of percussion instruments provide a memorable experience for the children.
For the benefit of your child, please ensure that each enrolled child has one carer present to participate with in the class. No previous musical knowledge is required.
The SECE program will consist of one 45minute class each day. All SECE students are welcome to observe all instrumental classes and concerts during the Festival Participation in instrumental classes involves a separate enrolment.
Afternoon Concerts (15 April)
Beautiful performances by individual students of studio groups. Inspirational for students of all ages and levels.
Gala Concert (16 April)
Showcasing exciting student and faculty performances in a more formal atmosphere. Inspirational for students of all ages and level.
This concert will be a separately ticketed event – all enrolled students will be notified once tickets are available to purchase.
The Closing Concert (17 April)
The grand finale concert is an opportunity for all instrumental students to perform and to celebrate and reflect on their achievements over the Festival.
Submitting an audition for Afternoon Concerts and the Gala Concert:
- Auditions for concerts are open to all students for the instrument they are enrolled in for SSF2023.
- Students may only audition for the instrument they are enrolled in, and only the piece auditioned will be considered for performance.
- Only memorised performances will be considered.
- All audition submissions including recordings are due on 28 February 2023.
- No auditions will be accepted after this date.
- Audition recordings must be uploaded onto a YouTube link only, any must be submitted HERE before or on 28 February 2023.
- Late, incomplete or incorrect YouTube links will not be considered and fees will not be refunded.
- Notification of Audition results will be via email by 16 March 2023.
- The audition panel reserves the right to invite outstanding students to perform in the Concerts.
To audition: Please select the Concert audition box on the online enrolment form. You will need to pay the audition fee. Late, incomplete, or incorrect auditions will not be considered, and all fees are non-refundable.
Individual Masterclass Lessons
Violin, Cello Piano
There will be a limited number of individual lessons available with our Guest tutors. All students and teachers registered for the festival are eligible to apply for an individual lesson. These lessons are an additional cost to the enrolment fees.
Tickets will be available online soon (sorry about the delay). We will notify everyone enrolled for the festival via email when booking is available. Please keep an eye on your email if you are interested
Individual Lesson Fees
$60 for 20mins (Book 1 Students)
$80 for 30mins (Book 2+ students)
No refund will be considered for missed or cancelled lessons once payment has been received.
A series of free lectures designed to support parents in their understanding and application of Dr Suzuki’s Philosophy.
Eligibility of enrolment
To Participate in the Sydney Suzuki Festival you must be a current member of your local Suzuki Association.
- Please complete your Festival enrolment by clicking the above Book Now button
- Enrol by 11:59pm on 20 January 2023 (extended to 3 February 2023 now) to receive the Early Bird Rate.
- Closing date for enrolments and concert auditions is 28 February 2023.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and receipt for payment.
- Concert audition submission instructions will be emailed from mid-January 2023.
- Concert audition results will be notified via email from 16 March 2023.
- An information pack will be emailed from 6 April 2023.
A parent or carer must be in attendance at the Festival at all times.
No responsibility will be taken by the Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW)Ltd. for children or students left unattended.
Multiple Instrument Applications
We are unable to accept multiple instrument applications.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations received by 14 March 2023 will be refunded less $70 Cancellation Fee. No refunds will be made after this date.
Membership (for Suzuki NSW)
All our events are for members only. To join or to renew your 2023/24 membership:
Please note:- Suzuki Office reserves the right to make any alterations should the need arise.