Suzuki National Conference 2020 – Student Programs
|Date||Saturday 18th April, 2020 to Monday 20th April, 2020|
|Time||see 2020 National Conference brochure for more information|
|Venue||Abbotsleigh Senior School|
|Address||1666 Pacific Highway, Wahroonga, NSW 2076|
|Booking||Email Bookings Only|
Suzuki National Conference (SNC) for Violin, Cello, Piano, Flute and Guitar students, Early Childhood Program plus Teacher's Professional Development.
Fun classes, play-ins and concerts. A great occasion for learning, sharing and making music in an encouraging Suzuki environment. An environment that will help sustain and motivate us to keep moving towards our goals.
For more information, click here for our printable 2020 National Conference
Note: Early Bird Rate - 28 Oct till 28 Nov 2019.
See also our "Benefits of attending a Suzuki Event".
Violin - Brian Lewis (USA), Haruo Goto (SYD), Masaki Nakamura (SYD), Airena Nakamura (SYD), Toni Robson (VIC), Jennifer Taylor (SYD)
Cello - Avi Friedlander (USA), Takao Mizushima (SYD)
Piano - Merlin Thompson (Canada), Itsuko Bara (SYD), Zohara Rotem (QLD), Bart Kenis (Belgium/SYD)
Guitar - Zeah Riordan (VIC)
Enrolment numbers are limited and will be processed in order of receipt. All applications must be members of their local Suzuki Association.
Violin, Cello & Piano Programs are for 3 days (18 - 20 April, 2020)
Flute & Guitar Programs are for 2 days only (18 - 19 April, 2020)
Note: Piano Student, please work on this Repertoire list for National Conference 2020 with your teacher.
Book 1 Students - Violin, Cello, Piano, Flute & Guitar
Violin: Book 2 - 8 Cello: Book 2 - 8 Piano: Book 2 - 5 Flute & Guitar: Book 2 and above
Violin: Book 9 and above Cello: Book 9 and above Piano: Book 6 and above
Suzuki Early Childhood Music Program (SECM)
The SECM program (3 days, 18 - 20 April) caters for two age group: children aged 0 - 2 and 3 - 5 years. If families wish to enrol siblings in the same class please note this on the enrolment form.
The SECM classes are fun, interactive group musical activity classes based on the Suzuki Philosophy. A range of musical and social concepts involving listening, singing, beat, rhythm, pitch, movement, creativity and the playing of percussion instruments provide a memorable experience for the children.
For the benefit of your child, please ensure that each child has one carer present to participate with in the class. No previous musical knowledge is required.
The SECM program will consist of one 45 minute SECM class each day. All SECM students are welcome to observe all instrumental classes and concerts during the SNC. Participation in instrumental classes involves a separate enrolment.
Afternoon Concert (18 April)
Beautiful performances by individual students or studio groups. Inspirational for students of all ages and levels.
Conference Showcase Concert (19 April)
Showcasing exciting student and faculty performance in a more formal atmosphere. Inspirational for students of all ages and levels. This Concert will be a separately ticketed event and will include afternoon tea. You will be notified once tickets are available.
The Closing Concert (20 April)
The grand finale concert is an opportunity for all instrumental students to celebrate and reflect on the achievements over the conference.
- Auditions for Concerts are open to all students enrolled in SNC.
- Students may only audition for the instrument they are enrolled in, and only the piece auditioned will be considered for performance.
- Only memorised performances will be considered.
- All audition submissions are due on 29 February, 2020. No auditions will be accepted after this date.
- To audition select the Concert Audition box on the online enrolment form and pay the audition fee ($30/performer/piece).
- Audition recordings must be uploaded onto a YouTube link only, and must be submitted by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 29 Feb 2020.
- Late, incomplete or incorrect YouTube links will not be considered and fees will not be refunded.
- Notification of audition results will be via email from 22 March 2020.
- Audition Fee are non refundable.
- The National Conference Audition Panel reserve the right to invite outstanding students to perform in the Afternoon Concerts.
A series of free lectures designed to support parents in their understanding and application of Dr Suzuki's Philosophy.
Professional Development Program
Enrolment numbers are limited and will be processed in order of receipt.
Violin, Cello & Piano (16 - 17 April, 2020)
The Professional Development Program will include key note talks, lectures and classes with the SNC International Guest Tutors, as well as observation of the 3 days student program, daily tonalisation, parent lectures and Afternoon Concerts.
For more information go to the Event Page.
Suzuki National Conference Fees
- Students Program Fees (see Booking Form)
- Professional Development Fees (see Booking Form)
- Child Supervision (see below)
- Cancellations and (see below)
Eligibility of Enrolment
To participate in the SNC, you must be a current member of your local Suzuki Association.
- Please complete your SNC enrolment online.
- Enrol online before 28 November 2019 to receive the Early Bird Rate.
- Closing date for enrolments and concert auditions is 29 February 2020.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and receipt for payment immediately.
- Concert Audition applications will be notified of their result via email from 22 March 2020.
- An information pack will be sent by 10 April 2020.
Multiple Instrument Applications
We are unable to accept multiple instrument applications.
A parent or carer must be in attendance at the SNC at all times. No responsibility will be taken by the Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW) Ltd for children or students left unattended.
Your enrolment in the SNC indicates your acceptance of our Terms & Conditions and Risk Policy.
Membership (for Suzuki NSW)
All our events are for members only. To join or to renew your 2020/21 membership:
All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations received by 13 March 2020 will be refunded less $70 Cancellation Fee. No refunds will be made after this date.
Note: Timetables subject to change without notice and Suzuki Office reserves the right to make any alterations should the need arise.