Sydney Suzuki Festival 2024 – Student Programs
|Saturday 20th April, 2024 to Monday 22nd April, 2024
|8:00am - 4:00pm each day (tbc)
|Abbotsleigh Senior School
|1666 Pacific Hwy, Wahroonga NSW 2076
|Book Now Online Closing: 03/Mar/24
Booking Closing Date is 1 March 2024. Early Bird ended on 21 January 2024
3 Day Festival for Violin - Cello - Piano - Viola - Flute - Recorder - Guitar - SECE
Fun classes, Play-ins, and concerts. A great occasion for learning, sharing, and making music in an encouraging Suzuki environment that will help sustain and motivate us to keep moving towards our goals.
Special Guest Tutors:
- Violin - Shozo Matsumoto (JPN)
- Cello - Akira Nakajima (JPN)
- Piano - Misako Akiba (JPN)
- Flute - Kate Bergen (VIC – AUS)
- Guitar - Zeah Riordan (VIC - AUS)
- Violin - Kim Bishop (TAS – AUS)
Our invited guests will join local teachers to provide rich and exciting program for all students.
- Enrolment numbers are limited and will be processed in order of receipt.
- Viola, Flute, Recorder, and guitar programs will proceed when minimum numbers have enrolled.
- All applicants must be active 2024 members of their local Suzuki Association.
Important note for Piano enrolments:.
The piano program is curated around the number of pianos and keyboards available to us for the Festival.
Please note that each program has a strict maximum number of students.
We will place students into groups on a first come, first served basis and where enrolments exceed this maximum, we will waitlist students.
We cannot guarantee everyone enrolled will be put into a program.
We will do our best to monitor enrolments and close programs as soon as they are full.
Book 1 students – All instruments
A shorter daily program for junior students, which will consist of a Tutorial, enrichment class and play-in for string students.
Violin Book 2-8 Cello Book 2-8 Piano Book 2-6 Viola /Flute/Recorder/Guitar Book 2+
All students participating in the standard program will work in small group tutorials focusing on developing key points such as tone production, musical expression, technique, and posture.
Students will experience a range of level appropriate classes including ensembles, play-ins, tone & technique classes, repertoire classes and musical enrichment.
Violin Book 9 and above Cello Book 9 and above Piano Book 7 and above.
Senior students will work intensively on a selected work throughout the SSF as part of a varied program of advanced classes. Music will be distributed by 28 March 2024.
Suzuki Early Childhood Education Program (SECE)
The SECE program (3 days, 20-22 April 2024) caters for children who have not started learning an instrument (ages 0-5yrs).
The SECE classes are fun, interactive group musical activity classes based on the Suzuki Philosophy. A range of musical and social concepts involving listening, singing, beat, rhythm, pitch, movement, creativity, and the playing of percussion instruments provide a memorable experience for the children.
Participate with in the class. No previous musical knowledge is required.
The SECE program will consist of one 45-minute class each day.
All SECE students are welcome to attend parent talks and observe all instrumental classes and concerts during the Festival however, participation in instrumental classes involves a separate enrolment.
Afternoon Concerts (20 April)
Beautiful performances by individual students or studio groups. These concerts are inspirational for students of all ages and levels. Performing Students selected by Audition.
Gala Concert (21 April)
Showcasing exciting student performances in a more formal atmosphere. Inspirational for students of all ages and level. Performers all selected by Audition.
This concert will be a separately ticketed event.
All enrolled students will be notified once tickets are available to purchase.
The Closing Concert (22 April)
The grand finale concert is an opportunity for all instrumental students to perform and to celebrate and reflect on their achievements over the Festival.
Concert Audition Terms & Conditions - must read:
- Auditions for concerts are open to all students learning from a Suzuki teacher for the instrument they are enrolled in for SSF2024.
- Students may only audition for the instrument they are enrolled in, and only the piece auditioned will be considered for performance.
- Only memorised performances will be considered.
- Please ensure your teacher has heard your recording before submitting.
- All audition submissions including recordings are due on 01 March 2024.
- No auditions will be accepted after this date.
- Audition recordings must be uploaded onto a YouTube link only and must be submitted by filling in this form before or on 01 March 2024.
- Late, incomplete, or incorrect YouTube links will not be considered, and fees will not be refunded.
- Notification of Audition results will be via email by 18 March 2024.
- The audition panel reserves the right to invite outstanding students to perform in the Concerts.
To enrol for an audition: Please select the Concert audition box on the online enrolment form. You will need to pay the audition fee. Late, incomplete, or incorrect auditions will not be considered, and all fees are non-refundable.
How to upload your recording to YouTube and make it Unlisted: click here
To submit your child's recording: click here
Individual Masterclass Lessons – 18 April 2024 and 20-22 April
Violin - Cello - Piano
There will be opportunities for masterclasses on 18 April at the Suzuki Institute, and a limited number of individual lessons available with our Guest tutors during the student program 20-22 April. All students and teachers registered for the festival are eligible to apply for an individual lesson. Teachers are welcome to observe these lessons.
These lessons are an additional cost to the enrolment fees.
Individual Lesson Fees
$80 for 20mins (Book 1 Students)
$120 for 30 mins (Book 2+ students)
No refund will be considered for missed or cancelled lessons once payment has been received.
For more information please click Here
A series of free lectures designed to support parents in their understanding and application of Dr Suzuki’s Philosophy.
Eligibility of enrolment
To Participate in the Sydney Suzuki Festival, you must be a current member of your local Suzuki Association and be currently learning from an Accredited Suzuki teacher.
- Please complete your Festival enrolment online at www.suzukimusicnsw.com.au
- Enrol by 11:59pm on 21 January 2024 to receive the Early Bird Rate.
- Closing date for enrolments and concert auditions is 01 March 2024.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and receipt for payment.
- Concert audition submission instructions will be emailed from late-January 2023.
- Concert audition results will be notified via email from 18 March 2024.
- An information pack will be emailed from 12 April 2023.
Multiple Instrument Applications
We are unable to accept multiple instrument applications.
A parent or carer must be in attendance at the festival at all times.
No responsibility will be taken by the Suzuki Talent Education Association of Australia (NSW)Ltd. for children or students left unattended.
Sydney Suzuki Festival Fees & Terms and Conditions - Click Here
Be Together – Play together – Grow together
Please note:- Suzuki Office reserves the right to make any alterations should the need arise.